Over the past 2 years, most industries were forced to make a major shift from in-person working to virtual, which required some creative thinking in order to make everything work. One of the major tools that the AEC industry has found to help with this virtual collaboration is the Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC) and specifically, the workflows with the Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro (ABC Pro) module.
Common Pain Points and Solutions
ABC Pro has been specifically designed to address a series of pain points common in the AEC industry. Below are issues that many of our clients have told us they have, followed by the solution that ABC Pro provides.
- Central Revit models located on locally hosted servers, requiring VPN and remote desktop to collaborate –Provides a central location in the cloud to host Revit Central models, allowing access from anywhere, without the need to VPN to a central server
- The tedious manual process of sharing models with the larger design team –Allows quick and easy sharing of models and other project-related documents between members of the design team, both internal and external native to the platform
- Creating a list of changes to the model between exchanges and making sure that all updates are found and approved –Real-time model version comparing to quickly review and understand design changes
- Manually comparing models of each discipline to find clashes and areas that require more coordination –Real-time clash coordination, processed continually in the cloud
- The need to utilize a 3rd party software to digitally redline sheets and models –Easy to use model and drawing mark-up tools accessible to all team members, not just those working directly in Revit, in real-time, collaboratively
- Manually creating backup and archives copies of models and other documents –Automatic backup and archiving of all project materials
But don’t just take our word for it. See the software features in action and view our BIM Collaborate Pro webinar here.
How CADD Can help
CADD has developed a unique offering to help companies of all sizes and disciplines adopt these innovative workflows – BIM Collaborate Pro Quick Start. This packaged offering is a quick and efficient way to get your team working in ABC Pro by taking you through the process from beginning to end. This is a 4-step process:
1. Initial setup, which includes account activation and licensing management
2. New project creation and setup
3. Education for your whole team on the features of the platform
4. Additional coaching to provide extra support where you need it most
To read more about this offering, check out our website here.