Well, it’s here . . . AutoCAD 2022! With it comes some cool new features that I find really exciting. Of course, there are always the performance enhancements to make the software work better. This year these enhancements mainly focus on handling plotting better, especially with 3D graphics. So, for those of you who use AutoCAD in a 3D environment this is some really good news.
Now, let’s get to the new features that will affect us every day:
- First up is the TRACE tool. This will change the way you review drawings, thus reducing your paper waste. It allows users to review drawings and provide feedback directly within a drawing without altering the existing drawing. Take a look at this video to better understand:
- Then we have the COUNT tool. This tool allows you to automate the counting of blocks or geometry. Take a look at this short video to see it in action:
- Next, we have the SHARE tool. The SHARE tool will allow you to send a controlled copy of your drawing to teammates or colleagues regardless of where they are located.
- Another great tool that was added is the ability to easily post to Autodesk Docs. This video shows the ease:
- And, lastly, one of my favorite additions to AutoCAD is the ability to have floating windows within the same AutoCAD session. Take a look at this video to better understand:
These new performance enhancements will empower you to work faster, innovate better and be more efficient.